Badma Byurchiev. Screenshot of the video https://cool-films.ru/video-180015303_456239081

10 September 2022, 17:17

Activists link attack on Byurchiev, "Caucasian Knot" correspondent, with his journalism

The attack on Badma Byurchiev, a "Caucasian Knot" correspondent, is directly related to his professional activities; attacks on political opponents have already happened in Elista; and local officials are involved in this, local activists assert.

The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that on September 8, Badma Byurchiev was attacked in Elista, the capital of Kalmykia. The journalist has associated the attack of several men on him with his professional work.

"Such attacks are not uncommon. They beat up an MP, observers from the Communist Party of the Russian Federation (CPRF) at the 2021 elections. This is by no means mere hooliganism," said Sanal Ubushiev, the board chairman of the public movement "Nasha Kalmykia".

In September 2021, Ivan Chucheev, a confidant of Sanal Ubushiev, a candidate for an MP, said he was attacked at the polling station while trying to fix a violation.

Arslan Kusminov, a local deputy, also believes that the attack on Byurchiev was clearly not of a domestic nature.

"This is how they attacked me, last year's CPRF observers, the candidate for the State Duma MP ... They were perhaps, the same people [who attacked Byurchiev]. They burned down the car of the owner of the YouTube channel, where they said something unpleasant for the authorities, and then threatened him on the phone ... However, the criminal cases on these attacks are not initiated or are not brought to an end," Mr Kusminov has stated.

Let us remind you that in August 2013, activists of "Spravedlivaya Rossiya" (Fair Russia) were attacked in Elista; two of them were hospitalized with stab wounds.

This article was originally published on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’ on September 9, 2022 at 03:53 pm MSK. To access the full text of the article, click here.

Author: Alexander Stepanov Source: CK correspondent

Комментирование через Кавказский узел
All news
НАСТОЯЩИЙ МАТЕРИАЛ (ИНФОРМАЦИЯ) ПРОИЗВЕДЕН И РАСПРОСТРАНЕН ИНОСТРАННЫМ АГЕНТОМ ООО “МЕМО”, ЛИБО КАСАЕТСЯ ДЕЯТЕЛЬНОСТИ ИНОСТРАННОГО АГЕНТА ООО “МЕМО”.

April 03, 2025 22:57

  • Relatives of political prisoners announce 24-hour protest in Tbilisi

    Families of oppositionists arrested in connection with participation in pro-European protest actions have united in a public movement to demand the release of prisoners of conscience. The activists plan to start a 24-hour protest action in front of the parliament building in Tbilisi.

April 03, 2025 22:13

  • Sister of convicted Rizvanov demands answer about legality of law enforcers’ visits

    Two men came to the house of the parents of Abubakar Rizvanov, who was sentenced to imprisonment in a case on terrorism financing, and demanded the information about the place of residence of his children. A sister of Abubakar Rizvanov regarded the constant visits by law enforcers as pressure and demanded an answer about the legality of their actions.

April 03, 2025 21:58

April 02, 2025 22:55

  • Verdict to Sochi resident Schus upheld

    The appellate court has refused to change the sentence passed to Alexei Schus, a Sochi engineer, convicted on charges of spreading fake news about the Russian Army and making a slingshot.

April 02, 2025 21:15

  • Kurban Dalgatov's mother assess trial prospects of her son's death case

    The law enforcers guilty of the death of Kurban Dalgatov, a Makhachkala resident, are trying in every way to avoid punishment, while the judges are following their lead, the mother of Kurban, who died after being tortured by the police. The trial of Dalgatov's death case will continue on April 30 this year.

News archive
Пн
Вт
Ср
Чт
Пт
Сб
Вс
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4