Flowers and candles at a portrait of Inal Djabiev. Screenshot: https://www.instagram.com/p/CKlMRR1rjtq/

29 August 2022, 12:38

Two years after Djabiev's death, court fails to find perpetrators

The General Prosecutor's Office (GPO) has failed yet with the demand voiced out by the court on August 1 to eliminate violations in the case of the death of Inal Djabiev, Sergey Bitiev, the Acting Public Prosecutor of South Ossetia has informed. Those guilty of Djabiev's death remain unpunished for two years, Telegram users have pointed out.

The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that on August 1, the Tskhinvali City Court ruled to return the case on Djabiev's death to the prosecutor's office to eliminate the detected violations, having satisfied the petition of the defence of Oksana Sotieva, the Djabiev's widow.

Seven law enforcers were accused for Djabiev's death; and Andrei Tskhovrebov, a Deputy MIA head, was removed from office.Djabiev's death sparked massive protests and a political crisis in South Ossetia.

The case on Djabiev's death has not yet been received by the GPO, since it is still in the judiciary, Sergey Bitiev said on August 28.

The fact that August 28 marks two years since Djabiev's death was recalled in their publication by the administrators of the Telegram channel "BONV[Ӕ]RNON". "Two years ago, in Tskhinvali, as a result of torture by law enforcers, Inal Djabiev died," the post says.

Some commentators to the post have expressed hope that those guilty would be punished after earlier in May, Alan Gagloev became President of South Ossetia. "I think Alan won't leave the case without attention ... Give him a little more time; it's not so easy," the user Zaurbek G has written. "Iron is forged while it's hot; then it's useless to hammer it," another user, Marina Doguzova has objected.

This article was originally published on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’ on August 28, 2022 at 03:20 pm MSK. To access the full text of the article, click here.

Author: The Caucasian Knot

Комментирование через Кавказский узел
All news
НАСТОЯЩИЙ МАТЕРИАЛ (ИНФОРМАЦИЯ) ПРОИЗВЕДЕН И РАСПРОСТРАНЕН ИНОСТРАННЫМ АГЕНТОМ ООО “МЕМО”, ЛИБО КАСАЕТСЯ ДЕЯТЕЛЬНОСТИ ИНОСТРАННОГО АГЕНТА ООО “МЕМО”.

April 03, 2025 22:57

  • Relatives of political prisoners announce 24-hour protest in Tbilisi

    Families of oppositionists arrested in connection with participation in pro-European protest actions have united in a public movement to demand the release of prisoners of conscience. The activists plan to start a 24-hour protest action in front of the parliament building in Tbilisi.

April 03, 2025 22:13

  • Sister of convicted Rizvanov demands answer about legality of law enforcers’ visits

    Two men came to the house of the parents of Abubakar Rizvanov, who was sentenced to imprisonment in a case on terrorism financing, and demanded the information about the place of residence of his children. A sister of Abubakar Rizvanov regarded the constant visits by law enforcers as pressure and demanded an answer about the legality of their actions.

April 03, 2025 21:58

April 02, 2025 22:55

  • Verdict to Sochi resident Schus upheld

    The appellate court has refused to change the sentence passed to Alexei Schus, a Sochi engineer, convicted on charges of spreading fake news about the Russian Army and making a slingshot.

April 02, 2025 21:15

  • Kurban Dalgatov's mother assess trial prospects of her son's death case

    The law enforcers guilty of the death of Kurban Dalgatov, a Makhachkala resident, are trying in every way to avoid punishment, while the judges are following their lead, the mother of Kurban, who died after being tortured by the police. The trial of Dalgatov's death case will continue on April 30 this year.

News archive
Пн
Вт
Ср
Чт
Пт
Сб
Вс
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4