Shirvani Tepsurkaev. Screenshot of the video by chp.grozny_95 on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DnRoy5NnUc&feature=emb_logo

08 October 2020, 18:16

Salman Tepsurkaev's father forced to record an appeal, social network users believe

A video appeal voiced by a father of a kidnapped moderator of the 1Adat Telegram Channel was recorded under pressure, and the whereabouts of Salman Tepsurkaev is still unknown, note some Instagram users. Their opponents argue that it is necessary to listen to Shirvani Tepsurkaev and stop discussing the torture his son had been subjected to.

The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that in the new video, the father of Salman Tepsurkaev called to "close the topic" of his son's disappearance and said that he had no claims against the authorities of Chechnya.

A wide public outcry was provoked by a video in which a naked man, who introduced himself as Salman Tepsurkaev, was sitting down on a bottle and explaining that he was doing that as punishment for his cooperation with the 1Adat Telegram Channel, which criticized the Chechen authorities.

Many readers of the Chechen Instagram public account "eldit_net" agreed with the Shirvani Tepsurkaev's call to stop discussing what had happened to his son. "If the father asks us not to interfere in their family affairs, then we should follow his ask," wrote user lom_ali_959. "Leave the family alone, the people have been already stressed," called user sigma9895.

Let us remind you that the Russian authorities claimed no law enforcers had been involved in the kidnapping of Salman Tepsurkaev. Employees of the "Committee against Torture" (CaT) and activists of the 1Adat Movement considered the Russian authorities' statement unconvincing and said that they had identified the law enforcers involved in the kidnapping of Salman Tepsurkaev.

This article was originally published on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’ on October 8, 2020 at 02:38 pm MSK. To access the full text of the article, click here.

Комментирование через Кавказский узел
All news
НАСТОЯЩИЙ МАТЕРИАЛ (ИНФОРМАЦИЯ) ПРОИЗВЕДЕН И РАСПРОСТРАНЕН ИНОСТРАННЫМ АГЕНТОМ ООО “МЕМО”, ЛИБО КАСАЕТСЯ ДЕЯТЕЛЬНОСТИ ИНОСТРАННОГО АГЕНТА ООО “МЕМО”.

April 03, 2025 22:57

  • Relatives of political prisoners announce 24-hour protest in Tbilisi

    Families of oppositionists arrested in connection with participation in pro-European protest actions have united in a public movement to demand the release of prisoners of conscience. The activists plan to start a 24-hour protest action in front of the parliament building in Tbilisi.

April 03, 2025 22:13

  • Sister of convicted Rizvanov demands answer about legality of law enforcers’ visits

    Two men came to the house of the parents of Abubakar Rizvanov, who was sentenced to imprisonment in a case on terrorism financing, and demanded the information about the place of residence of his children. A sister of Abubakar Rizvanov regarded the constant visits by law enforcers as pressure and demanded an answer about the legality of their actions.

April 03, 2025 21:58

April 02, 2025 22:55

  • Verdict to Sochi resident Schus upheld

    The appellate court has refused to change the sentence passed to Alexei Schus, a Sochi engineer, convicted on charges of spreading fake news about the Russian Army and making a slingshot.

April 02, 2025 21:15

  • Kurban Dalgatov's mother assess trial prospects of her son's death case

    The law enforcers guilty of the death of Kurban Dalgatov, a Makhachkala resident, are trying in every way to avoid punishment, while the judges are following their lead, the mother of Kurban, who died after being tortured by the police. The trial of Dalgatov's death case will continue on April 30 this year.

News archive
Пн
Вт
Ср
Чт
Пт
Сб
Вс
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4