Residents of the village of Novaya Shangoda-Shitlib. Photo by Patimat Makhmudova for the Caucasian Knot.

20 June 2018, 04:21

Dagestani villagers achieve suspension of demolition of their houses (+video)

Local authorities have managed to agree with court marshals about the temporary suspension of the court decision to demolish 19 houses built near the federal gas pipeline in the village of Novaya Shangoda-Shitlib.

The "Caucasian Knot" has reported that on June 19 a protest rally was held in the village of Novaya Shangoda-Shitlib with a demand to cancel the decision to demolish the houses.

The villagers' protest action lasted for more than eight hours. They dispersed only after the machinery and vehicles of law enforcers and builders left the village, the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent, who was present at the rally, has reported.

The villagers said that they would not allow demolishing their houses, which, according to their version, had been built legally. The 19 houses intended for demolition are inhabited by about 300 people; all of them state that they have no other housing; and if their houses are demolished, they will find themselves in the street. No compensations or alternatives were offered to them.

Villagers told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that in 2013, the "Gazprom" went to court demanding to demolish the houses, built in the protection zone of the main gas pipeline.

"We have been living here since 1935, after we were forcibly resettled here from the Gunib District. The fact is that our houses had been here well before the construction of the gas pipeline, which was laid in the 1980s. Nobody asked us when they laid the pipe," Aishat Bashirova, a resident of Novaya Shangoda-Shitlib, told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent.

According to her story, the Supreme Court (SC) of Dagestan has supported them and rejected the claim of "Gazprom", demanding to demolish the houses, but the SC's decision was appealed against and cancelled.

Full text of the article is available on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’.

Author: Patimat Makhmudova Source: CK correspondent

Комментирование через Кавказский узел
All news
НАСТОЯЩИЙ МАТЕРИАЛ (ИНФОРМАЦИЯ) ПРОИЗВЕДЕН И РАСПРОСТРАНЕН ИНОСТРАННЫМ АГЕНТОМ ООО “МЕМО”, ЛИБО КАСАЕТСЯ ДЕЯТЕЛЬНОСТИ ИНОСТРАННОГО АГЕНТА ООО “МЕМО”.

April 03, 2025 22:57

  • Relatives of political prisoners announce 24-hour protest in Tbilisi

    Families of oppositionists arrested in connection with participation in pro-European protest actions have united in a public movement to demand the release of prisoners of conscience. The activists plan to start a 24-hour protest action in front of the parliament building in Tbilisi.

April 03, 2025 22:13

  • Sister of convicted Rizvanov demands answer about legality of law enforcers’ visits

    Two men came to the house of the parents of Abubakar Rizvanov, who was sentenced to imprisonment in a case on terrorism financing, and demanded the information about the place of residence of his children. A sister of Abubakar Rizvanov regarded the constant visits by law enforcers as pressure and demanded an answer about the legality of their actions.

April 03, 2025 21:58

April 02, 2025 22:55

  • Verdict to Sochi resident Schus upheld

    The appellate court has refused to change the sentence passed to Alexei Schus, a Sochi engineer, convicted on charges of spreading fake news about the Russian Army and making a slingshot.

April 02, 2025 21:15

  • Kurban Dalgatov's mother assess trial prospects of her son's death case

    The law enforcers guilty of the death of Kurban Dalgatov, a Makhachkala resident, are trying in every way to avoid punishment, while the judges are following their lead, the mother of Kurban, who died after being tortured by the police. The trial of Dalgatov's death case will continue on April 30 this year.

News archive
Пн
Вт
Ср
Чт
Пт
Сб
Вс
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4