26 December 2008, 21:00

In Rostov Region, organizer of protest action of miners-pensioners proves his rightness in court

In the Rostov Region, all the attempts to bring Valery Dyakonov, one of the organizers of the picket and hunger strike of miners-pensioners and deputy of the city duma of Zverevo, to administrative responsibility have ended in a failure. The court found no violations of the law in Mr Dyakonov's actions.

Valery Dyakonov told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that he had been accused of the administrative offence "Default of legal requests of the public prosecutor in charge of proceedings on an administrative offence."

"On December 4, miners-pensioners started their hunger strike, about which local authorities had been duly notified. However, on that very day I was summoned to the City Public Prosecutor Vladimir Vlasov. My duty was to stay with the hunger-strikers, and I couldn't appear at the Prosecutor's Office. As a result, an administrative proceeding was opened against me," said the deputy.

According to Valery Dyakonov, during the court session he challenged the public prosecutor, as he considered him to be a person interested in the outcome of the case. "However, the latter objected saying that he represents not his own interests but those of the prosecutor's office. Despite all that, the court proved to be objective in considering the case and took my side," the deputy continued.

He has stated that pressure on the participants of protest actions continues: "Militiamen arrived to the apartment where the hunger-strikers are aiming to take written explanations about extremist statements allegedly made by the protesters. I had to interfere and remind them of Article 51 of the Constitution, stating the right not to evidence against oneself and his or her relatives. Then, we found out that the militiamen had no official grounds to take such explanations."

According to the deputy, the protest actions of miners-pensioners continue, in spite of the fact that within the recent weeks the city and regional authorities did not meet the participants of protest actions.

Author: Elena Olenina Source: CK correspondent

Комментирование через Кавказский узел
All news
НАСТОЯЩИЙ МАТЕРИАЛ (ИНФОРМАЦИЯ) ПРОИЗВЕДЕН И РАСПРОСТРАНЕН ИНОСТРАННЫМ АГЕНТОМ ООО “МЕМО”, ЛИБО КАСАЕТСЯ ДЕЯТЕЛЬНОСТИ ИНОСТРАННОГО АГЕНТА ООО “МЕМО”.

April 02, 2025 22:55

  • Verdict to Sochi resident Schus upheld

    The appellate court has refused to change the sentence passed to Alexei Schus, a Sochi engineer, convicted on charges of spreading fake news about the Russian Army and making a slingshot.

April 02, 2025 21:15

  • Kurban Dalgatov's mother assess trial prospects of her son's death case

    The law enforcers guilty of the death of Kurban Dalgatov, a Makhachkala resident, are trying in every way to avoid punishment, while the judges are following their lead, the mother of Kurban, who died after being tortured by the police. The trial of Dalgatov's death case will continue on April 30 this year.

April 01, 2025 22:38

April 01, 2025 21:57

April 01, 2025 21:42

News archive
Пн
Вт
Ср
Чт
Пт
Сб
Вс
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4