Armenian and Azerbaijani border checkpoints. Photo: https://lurer.com/?p=465932&l=ru

30 August 2022, 18:07

Azerbaijan announces transfer of 1713 bodies of military personnel to Armenia

After the trilateral declaration had been signed on November 10, 2020, the remains of 1713 Armenian military personnel were found and transferred to Armenia, reported Ismail Akhundov, the secretary of the State Commission of Azerbaijan for Prisoners of War, Hostages, and Missing Persons.

According to the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), 776 Armenians are considered missing during the first Karabakh war, and 345 people – during the second Karabakh war, Ismail Akhundov said.

According to him, as a result of the joint activities carried out after the trilateral declaration signed on November 10, 2020, the remains of 1713 Armenian military personnel were found and transferred to the opposite side, the “News.am reports.

“During the first Karabakh war, 1480 Azerbaijanis were released from captivity, and 509 people were transferred to the opposite side. At the same time, dozens of bodies of people from both sides who perished on the line of contact between troops and in captivity were transferred to the parties through the mediation of the ICRC. After the trilateral declaration had been signed, the opposite side handed over to Azerbaijan 25 people, including 19 military personnel and six civilians, of whom five persons, including one military and four civilians, were detained until September 27, 2020. The Azerbaijani side released 159 people, including 118 military personnel and 41 civilians of Armenian origin, of whom five were women. Of them, six persons, including 4 military personnel and 2 civilians, were detained before September 27, 2020,” Ismail Akhundov said.

This article was originally published on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’ on August 30, 2022 at 01:03 pm MSK. To access the full text of the article, click here.

Author: The Caucasian Knot

All news
НАСТОЯЩИЙ МАТЕРИАЛ (ИНФОРМАЦИЯ) ПРОИЗВЕДЕН И РАСПРОСТРАНЕН ИНОСТРАННЫМ АГЕНТОМ ООО “МЕМО”, ЛИБО КАСАЕТСЯ ДЕЯТЕЛЬНОСТИ ИНОСТРАННОГО АГЕНТА ООО “МЕМО”.

April 02, 2025 22:55

  • Verdict to Sochi resident Schus upheld

    The appellate court has refused to change the sentence passed to Alexei Schus, a Sochi engineer, convicted on charges of spreading fake news about the Russian Army and making a slingshot.

April 02, 2025 21:15

  • Kurban Dalgatov's mother assess trial prospects of her son's death case

    The law enforcers guilty of the death of Kurban Dalgatov, a Makhachkala resident, are trying in every way to avoid punishment, while the judges are following their lead, the mother of Kurban, who died after being tortured by the police. The trial of Dalgatov's death case will continue on April 30 this year.

April 01, 2025 22:38

April 01, 2025 21:57

April 01, 2025 21:42

News archive
Пн
Вт
Ср
Чт
Пт
Сб
Вс
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4