Tamara Suleimanova, 76, went on a hunger strike. Photo: MEYDAN TV https://www.meydan.tv/ru/article/pohoronennye-zazhivo-pozhilye-zhenshiny-v-azerbajdzhane-obyavili-golodovku/?ref=homepage-headline

21 April 2021, 13:59

Women-pensioners from Azerbaijani Turkan refuse to stop hunger strike

Elderly women from the Baku dwelling settlement of Turkan continued their hunger strike, demanding to restore their rights to land plots near the Caspian Sea, and to release the local resident arrested after providing them with consultations.

Khumara Shabanova, 91, Azizakhanum Ataeva, 80, and Tamara Suleimanova, 76, went on a hunger strike in protest of the fact that they had been registered as dead, and their land plots had been sold, the "Meydan.TV" reports.

The lawyer who had consulted the elderly women told the "Caucasian Knot" correspondent that the land plots in question in the Turkan settlement, were granted to their husbands back in Soviet times.

"Since their husbands died, the ownership rights passed to their wives and children. To simplify the seizure of land plots, in 2017, the culprits decided to falsify and fake documents," said the lawyer.

According to his story, since August 2020, Natig Magomedsoi helped the women. He was detained on March 5, 2021, and charged with illegal drug storage.

Dayanat Shabanov, Khumara Shabanova's son, has noted that the hunger-striking women are upset that Magomedsoi, who decided to help them, was slandered and arrested.

Elshan Gasanov, the head of the Centre for Monitoring Political Prisoners, who is well aware of the problems of residents of Baku settlements, said that "all the lickerish land plots located in resort areas in Apsheron were seized by oligarch officials or businessmen close to them."

This article was originally published on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’ on April 20, 2021 at 01:54 am MSK. To access the full text of the article, click here.

Author: Faik Medjid Source: CK correspondent

All news
НАСТОЯЩИЙ МАТЕРИАЛ (ИНФОРМАЦИЯ) ПРОИЗВЕДЕН И РАСПРОСТРАНЕН ИНОСТРАННЫМ АГЕНТОМ ООО “МЕМО”, ЛИБО КАСАЕТСЯ ДЕЯТЕЛЬНОСТИ ИНОСТРАННОГО АГЕНТА ООО “МЕМО”.

April 03, 2025 22:57

  • Relatives of political prisoners announce 24-hour protest in Tbilisi

    Families of oppositionists arrested in connection with participation in pro-European protest actions have united in a public movement to demand the release of prisoners of conscience. The activists plan to start a 24-hour protest action in front of the parliament building in Tbilisi.

April 03, 2025 22:13

  • Sister of convicted Rizvanov demands answer about legality of law enforcers’ visits

    Two men came to the house of the parents of Abubakar Rizvanov, who was sentenced to imprisonment in a case on terrorism financing, and demanded the information about the place of residence of his children. A sister of Abubakar Rizvanov regarded the constant visits by law enforcers as pressure and demanded an answer about the legality of their actions.

April 03, 2025 21:58

April 02, 2025 22:55

  • Verdict to Sochi resident Schus upheld

    The appellate court has refused to change the sentence passed to Alexei Schus, a Sochi engineer, convicted on charges of spreading fake news about the Russian Army and making a slingshot.

April 02, 2025 21:15

  • Kurban Dalgatov's mother assess trial prospects of her son's death case

    The law enforcers guilty of the death of Kurban Dalgatov, a Makhachkala resident, are trying in every way to avoid punishment, while the judges are following their lead, the mother of Kurban, who died after being tortured by the police. The trial of Dalgatov's death case will continue on April 30 this year.

News archive
Пн
Вт
Ср
Чт
Пт
Сб
Вс
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4