Law enforcers in Northern Caucasus. Photo by the press service of the Russian National Antiterrorist Committee (NAC) www.nac.gov.ru

05 April 2021, 18:02

Week from March 29 to April 4 passed without victims of armed conflict in Northern Caucasus

During the week from March 29 to April 4, 2021, no information was received about the casualties or wounded persons during the armed conflict in Northern Caucasus. These are the results of the calculations run by the "Caucasian Knot" based on its own materials and information from open sources.

Special and counterterrorist operations

On April 3, searches were conducted in a shopping centre in Nazran (Ingushetia). Access to the building was blocked by military equipment of special technicians. Law enforcers checked the booths selling expensive gold jewellery. There is no information about the reason for the searches yet.

Detentions

On April 2, it became known that Nurmagomed Mamuev, a native of the Urus-Martan District, was taken away into some unknown place in Chechnya. On March 24, law enforcers broke into the apartment in Berlin where the 32-year-old Nurmagomed Mamuev lived with his family. They took Mamuev away, and the next day told his wife that Mamuev was already in Russia, without explaining on what basis he was deported from Germany to his homeland. Later, the wife learned that in Moscow Mamuev was handed over to Chechen authorities, and on March 25, they brought him to his mother's house in Shalazhi in Chechnya. On March 26, people in civilian clothes came to pick him up and presented no documents. The relatives were not told where Mamuev was taken; later, the police station said that he was not kept there. Since then, relatives have no information about Nurmagomed Mamuev's whereabouts.

Let us note here this was the third consecutive week without victims of the armed conflict. Prior to that, incidents with victims were recorded for three weeks in a row.

This article was originally published on the Russian page of 24/7 Internet agency ‘Caucasian Knot’ on April 5, 2021 at 01:55 am MSK. To access the full text of the article, click here.

Комментирование через Кавказский узел
All news
НАСТОЯЩИЙ МАТЕРИАЛ (ИНФОРМАЦИЯ) ПРОИЗВЕДЕН И РАСПРОСТРАНЕН ИНОСТРАННЫМ АГЕНТОМ ООО “МЕМО”, ЛИБО КАСАЕТСЯ ДЕЯТЕЛЬНОСТИ ИНОСТРАННОГО АГЕНТА ООО “МЕМО”.

April 02, 2025 22:55

  • Verdict to Sochi resident Schus upheld

    The appellate court has refused to change the sentence passed to Alexei Schus, a Sochi engineer, convicted on charges of spreading fake news about the Russian Army and making a slingshot.

April 02, 2025 21:15

  • Kurban Dalgatov's mother assess trial prospects of her son's death case

    The law enforcers guilty of the death of Kurban Dalgatov, a Makhachkala resident, are trying in every way to avoid punishment, while the judges are following their lead, the mother of Kurban, who died after being tortured by the police. The trial of Dalgatov's death case will continue on April 30 this year.

April 01, 2025 22:38

April 01, 2025 21:57

April 01, 2025 21:42

News archive
Пн
Вт
Ср
Чт
Пт
Сб
Вс
31
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
1
2
3
4